Sunday, June 1, 2014

A June Beginning

June first is almost over and it has been one strange day. There has been 'I think it's going to rain' clouded skies all day. Then pouring rain with sunlight mingling through. I love the rain yet I love rain with the sunshine even more. The two should not be able to exist simultaneously which makes it more amazing when they do.

Of course the rain is not always so picturesque. We took a trip to the store too find ourselves facing sheets of rain pouring down. This one guy ran out of the store with a plastic basket of food from the store. Two minutes later he came running back, got in the door, and promptly took a painful looking dive. He hopped up ('I'm okay!'), disappeared, and reappeared with his food in a grocery store bag. Then dashed out to his car again. Poor man. I don't know what the heck he was thinking.

Alas, I must be truthful about the events inside the store. We met a family friend whose daughter I was once friends with. I despise these type of meetings as it always ends up feeling like a comparison. Makes you feel a bit shit inside. I hate it. I know I don't have a 'future' like their daughter probably does. Hell, I live at home, can't drive, and spend more money on medications than most people do in a lifetime. I'm not exactly the daughter you write home about. I graduated pre-med (yay) and now live a very strange life. 

What a strange beginning to June. The weather which never fails to amaze me. And the meeting which never fails to bring me down. I don't know whether this indicates June is about to bring good or bad things to this chronically ill gal.


No comments:

Post a Comment