Friday, May 23, 2014

Treatment Pain? Hey ho! Beats Severe Itchiness!

The new I.V. treatment has been the best on side effects so far. I do get knocked out for a day or two with crippling exhaustion but it's a definite improvement over past experiences. Until this week's treatment when I developed a bad case of pain in my arm above/at the treatment site. At first I figured it was some weird 'hey. this needle pissed me off so I'm gonna let you know' memo from the body.

Give it a day or two and everything goes back to normal. Eh. Normal for me that is. Except the pain  has not decreased but increased. Almost like it's spreading deeper into the arm. I have to treat it with care as certain movements tend to increase the pain. Most people would think this is a terrible scenario. They suck at dealing with pain.

I, however, feel priviledged about it. I did say I would rather have pain then severe itchiness. The other treatment option was the one which left me scratching away like no tomorrow. I vowed to count my lucky stars (sounds like a knockoff cereal) if pain showed up over severe itchiness. No one wants to look like I did after that. I even took a picture just to show my doctor the reason why I was never ever doing anything with DMSO pills again.

So Hey ho! In keeping with the Surname Optimistic Way of Thinking: I have pain in my arm but hey ho! It's not severe itchiness all over me. Plus, the sun is shining and I finally get to see the long-time boyfriend after a very long week. Ah. Life could not be more beautiful pain or no pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment