Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bahaha! O. The Childhood Thrift Store Joys That Make Chronically ill Life Amusing!

Who knew writing about something found in a local thrift store would be chosen to be shown to hundreds of visitors to the site I write at? Not me. Actually, I wrote it for a 'Quest' and also because books back in my day were so awesome. Especially ones about hospital things. Now that I've been there to many times myself I find it just hilarious to compare the truths of today versus the Curious George 'enhanced' happy version of yesteryear.

Like usual I was checking my account every several days when I discovered my featured work. Mainly from CONGRATULATIONS comments versus actually understanding I was front and center. Hey! No one ever claimed double concussions make you sharper. I feel justified in saying I was a bit slow to getting 'it.' 

Here's the site:  http://www.squidoo.com/ which features me all of today as LoTD. No idea what LoTD means? Look it up on there. If you're completely lost, here is paragraph one:

On a thrift store jaunt I was thrilled to discover a childhood favorite, Curious George Goes to the Hospital. No stranger to hospitals myself I had just been discussing how I loved this adventure. We immediately bought the book and attempted to read it to my exuberant niece. While she tottered around screeching (she’s only just discovered the joys of walking) my dad read the curious tale out loud. 

(continued at http://books.squidoo.com/curious-george-goes-to-the-hospital-best-medical-childhood-classic).

Clearly I was enjoying life way to much yesterday. Or should I say on Tuesday. Watching a 15 month old can do that to even the most miserable feeling of us. As for today: enjoy life. Go read a book. I'm off for a coffee with Bailey's (having booze with coffee makes it acceptable for early drinking so don't complain) to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment