Saturday, May 10, 2014

It's easy to be off the record when you don' t need your own.

We are finally going to try the Mayo Clinic route. I have called the insurance and they are in network. All we need are the medical records. Easy right? Wrong! I am having a helluva time getting my own records. Did I mention they are mine?

 I have had to fill out forms to mail in because you cannot get records by fax, email, or phone. Evidently snail mail is still the rage despite everything going digital. Waste of postage is what I say. Along with postage fees comes the bill for every sheet of results. We are talking a dollar + per page. Utter shite.

Of course we tried the thrifty route. Send the records to your doctor and it is free. Only to realize they cannot give you the records because they have been sent from another medical provider. Again with the it is my medical record yet I cannot have it. If you can't have your own records then what can you have?

Sometimes living the chronically ill life is downright ridiculously frustrating in the most random of places. To try and counter all this snail mail stuff I am going to get my now-authorized (can only authorize via mail) records in person. With my i.d and directions to get there I think I will finally be getting out okay. That will take take care of one medical system's records. Whoo hoo! Only two more to go before my records become..well..mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment