Friday, May 2, 2014

Where Do We Go?

I've lost track of the times where I wonder 'where am I supposed to go from this place?' Stopping and starting are all a piece of this life. Sometimes we get stuck at the stops and others we fairly fly through. I might once have been flying my way through but lately I'm pretty much feeling about as active as a broken-down semi in a rest stop midway through the Dakotas.

When I was first learning to deal with the chronic illness I was positive this would all be quite the short stopping point. Yet here I remain. With myself, I think I can whether the storm. In a relationship? There has to be movement. We can't wait forever and yet, so much depends on moving forward in the right way. One person cannot support a relationship solely on their own. I had no idea they were even attempting to. Now I find out and wonder where we stopped and why we never kept on moving forward.

Where do we go? Can there still be a we? Should there be? The longer I stay here, the more questions I find myself wondering. Somehow in someway, I need to find a way to help move forward. To make what was once a single support into a strong companionship. Is it to late?

No comments:

Post a Comment