Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Weather's Dreary but Today Life is Cheery

The title rhyme is downright awful but today I feel in to good a mood to attempt better. After all, who would not have a smile after finding a downright awesome gluten-free bakery? Not only did I get a fresh chocolate donut (with sprinkles!) but a loaf of Cinnamon Swirl bread I'm still munching on.

More importantly it's nice to spend time away from home. Not a single doctor's appointment this week is even better. Most importantly is spending time with an old friend (and a new baby). They make a cold rainy day feel warm and bright.

True. Original plans for a zoo day have fallen through. Animals are about as fond of the cold rain as we are. Best to stay under a thick blanket with a cozy cup of Strawberry Oolong Tea. I'm even going to attempt to follow the process of slow-cooking. If all goes well, the long-time boyfriend can stop feigning terror at the mention of me cooking. If not, I'm sure she will salvage the leftovers and make it delicious.

So for everyone out there...whether it's sunny or rainy...enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment