Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Must Have Had a Childhood Taste For Lead Pencils

The heavy metal results are in! I wish this meant the top heavy metal bands or something cooler than the truth. Yep. The truth is those are my heavy metal urine test results.

Way way back, aka February, I think I described the testing. It can be summed up as miserable with a side of severe itchiness. This is when I first learned itchiness is a legit side effect and a severe case? I will take pain over it!

This morning has been very long so excuse that tangent. The results prior to taking horse-size DMSO were peachy for lead levels. After the DMSO 'cleaner' I must have sucked/possibly eaten a lead pencil or six in childhood. My lead level was over FOUR times the recommended amount.

I had been wondering why my bar graph mark was suddenly in the red post-pills. My mother looked concerned/why the heck is my daughter brimming with lead. I was trying to recall if I had eaten a lead pencil/other amusing scenarios. I did return to the reality without attempting to convey the humor I find in this. Actually in all my medical nonsense.

The big question is what to do about all this. Build ups of lead in the body can lead to very bad scenarios. You can't just take a pill and urinate it all out either. Firstly, I got to visit with my fave nurse while she poked me for a vial or three of blood. Gotta test for lead levels and other junk in there before proceeding.

There are several treatment ideas to lowering my lead levels. If I were not on a mobile device typing I might explain. Or not. The plan for me is the intravenous route, cheers to shooting down the dastardly DMSO pills, which puts EDTA directly into the bloodstream. Do this once a week to every other week and keep going and going. Some people do it for years as it is a gradual process to giving high levels of lead a sweet good bye.

All in all, I find my usual humor in this never ending medical saga. There's always more to be said but I am just getting off a lazy blog streak so this is today's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment