Monday, April 13, 2015

Have No Fear! Fainting While Exercising is no longer...Here?

I now understand why the Mayo Clinic doctors kept insisting it would take more mental strength than anything to work on recovery. You gotta be dedicated to do this shite! I try to be. Every day I ask 'whose going to take me to the Y?' Anybody? Anybody? And I'm proud when I get there. I'm even prouder when I feel I can kinda do it alone. So proud I announced after my standard recovery period and gulping of a bottle of water 'I can get up by myself!'

Er. I did or tried to anyway. I pulled myself up then promptly started to collapse. My little sister snorted at my proclamation when she caught me before I could fall. Alright. I have a ways to go. I still have a problem. When I don't do a proper recovery, drink until I swear I'm about to be about 99% water, and rest a good ten minutes I get up my body loudly announces 'We are returning to supine position. Now!'

Without the fainting, crappy blood flow, and whatnot I swear I might be able to get close to not being chronically ill. Unfortunately my body and my mind are still at war over that one. I'm proud of my exercising. To be able to do fifty minutes on the recumbent bike has taken me over eight months of work. Most of it is mental. I get now why weight loss via exercise is so difficult. If you don't want it, you won't make it. You have to be able to say 'eff. I don't want to go work out and I feel like crap BUT I don't want to live this life like this. So I will go to workout. I will do it. For me. Because in the end it may be worth it.'

I can't loudly swear I have no fear about fainting. Every day I face the battle between my body and my mind's abilities. I swear one day I think we are over this only to be proven wrong the next. But I plan to keep on going. Keep on doing it because when you've got a chronic illness you've got to keep on rooting for yourself. One day I want to be able to work out solo with no one there for support. Jump off the bike at the end and walk myself out of there without a lick of help.

As for today? I already asked who will be taking me and yes, they will. Off to exercise. Hopefully not to faint. I hope you all get out there and do the same. Have no fear because a little exercise keeps up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment