Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Help Me Hope Jewelry is born from a breakdown, Mcdonald's binge, and lots of much-needed hope



A few days ago I had one of those thank-goodness-this-rarely-happens-breakdowns. I decided I was going to stop all my pill regimes and seemingly pointless treatments. This would be the end. I would just go to back to where I was: wheelchair bound, completely reliant for everyone for everything, and just hope for the best. Luckily I have wonderful people in my life, a fabulous boyfriend, and McDonald's is like my mental high-sodium cure. Get some fries, cheeseburger without a bun, and a McFlurry in me and I am ready to keep on fighting! 

'HelpMeHope' Dysautonomia Awareness Charm Bracelet
After all the tears and all the food I realized I had been on the verge of this happening for a long time. The reason? I had started to lose hope because everyone else around me seems to have lost hope. No one ever said, 'I still have hope! Don't give up hope yet!' It's hard to be the only one hoping day after day. Falling apart made me realize I need other people's help to keep up the hope battle. Trying to do all this hoping day after day without others' help is just about impossible.

So Help Me Hope was born. Help Me Hope jewelry literally helps me keep on hoping. Every piece of jewelry has awareness colors for a certain condition I struggle with on a daily basis. This way people can help others hope by showing their awareness for conditions often overlooked like dysautonomia. 

On my squidoo, I have a lens (aka article) written which explains more about Help Me Hope jewelry. I'm going to attempt to attach the link here http://www.squidoo.com/help-me-hope-awareness-bracelets.

The collection is available on etsy.com at http://www.etsy.com/shop/HelpMeHope.

I must admit my favorite of all the pieces up so far, there are more to come, is the dysautonomia awareness bracelet. I like the simple chain look and the silver wire wrapping around the deep deep blue shade.  

No comments:

Post a Comment