Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kuruma desu ka? Confused? I would be too

         
       Sometimes I think I may be more than a little insane as I sit here listening to Japanese phrases. I am not allowed to drive around here so it's highly unlikely I will be needing to ask questions like the one above. By the way, it happens to mean....Is that a car? I can also ask you if you have seen a small truck or a large one. Those are the phrases evidently on the ipod learning agenda.


To hot for pics. Sry. This one from a few wks ago will have to do!
 Still it beats being outside in this blasted heat. I used to think the heat was wonderful, could not get enough of it. Now it gets a little to hot and I keel over. Like last week when I was so highly impressed by the antique teapots I ignored how hot the tiny shop was getting. Next thing I knew Tommy was shaking me while dragging me halfway out the door and apologizing to the shop people who thought I was obviously on the verge of death. The man has amazing multi-tasking skills. How he manages to convince people not to call 911, shake me out of being passed out, not freak out, and still walk at the same time is beyond me.

Although the man has had over two years of dealing with one chronically ill girlfriend who has taken him from icy cold ERs to yellowish ICUs and just about every where in-between. And yes, I am that one and only girlfriend who became chronically ill at 24. Sometimes we joke about all his 'other' girlfriends but I am pretty positive it is just me.

So for the moment this is me. Dressed in a sun dress to beat the miserable heat, improving my pronunciation of Japanese random phrases, and sipping a cool glass of Strawberry blush wine. I feel not-as-bad-still-bad today and my one foot has disappeared again. It's there but the sensation is rather doing it's own nerve thing. But I really cannot complain as I have not fainted today, I finished a painting, and my brother is taking me food shopping tomorrow. When you cannot leave the house alone, struggle with the stairs, and have a lot of health problems, the grocery store gets to be a pretty exciting endeavor. One I really really hope to be well enough to do because I could go for some gluten-free mac n cheese (Amy's brand not Glutino) right now. So will I make it there tomorrow? Positive thinking says 'hell yes' Reality says 'it's 50/50' and I say 'Jake can carry me up the stairs and put me in one of those grocery store motor scooters'

No comments:

Post a Comment