Thursday, June 27, 2013

I Travel Looking Wheelchair Fabulous and So Can You!

Here I am at the pyramids in my wheelchair!
If you are horrified at the idea of having to travel with a wheelchair, believe you cannot travel in a wheelchair, or just curious then listen up. You can travel in a wheelchair while still having an amazing time. I know because I have done it and so can you.

So where did I go?
Before getting sick I made plans to travel to Egypt and Israel. I honestly believed, since it was still a year away I would be magically healthy by then. When our tour time drew close each of my parents offered to stay at home with me but I insisted: I'm going on this tour. I paid. We can take my wheelchair. Everyone was nervous about the idea but I refused to give up the trip I had wanted to take for so long. To me it meant letting my health conditions once again letting my health issues 'win.' I had already had to give up my job, my plans for the future, and my independence. I would NOT let this dream fall away as well.

So how did I travel wheelchair fabulous? Well, I wanted to share it for the people I knew so I wrote down my way in this lens squidoo.com: how-i-travel-looking-wheelchair-fabulous. I want to share with you the ways I found to make it fabulous so you can too. Being in a wheelchair does not mean life is over for you. On the contrary, I have found more ways to be creative in a wheelchair then simply walking on my own two feet. 


Note: If you are upset the story is not just here it is because my work on Squidoo is not allowed to be reproduced completely (even by me) in other places. So you will have to visit there and find out how it works for yourself.

Stop thinking about traveling and start planning your trip today

No comments:

Post a Comment