Monday, August 26, 2013

Blast this heat! A Grocery Store Fainting Fail

Usually the climate here is cold. Back in the day I lived for the heat, longed for it, and despised the cold. Now I cannot get enough of it and for a good reason. Today my friend picked me up and we decided...'hey..there is no gluten free goods at her home so let's pop over to the grocery store.' I was feeling good and very hydrated thanks to a fruit smoothie and a strange iced coffee. All went well until we went our separate ways.

I decided the queue was looking a bit long so I should get it line to save time. She was socializing with a long time friend and the plan made sense. I was standing there swiping my card when it hit me. The 'o no' the heart is starting to go crazy. So I paid, grabbed a free paper, and sat down to look casually healthy. Unfortunately I was not healthy. My heart was going on overdrive and I started to get the white in the vision and feeling of 'my blood is about to all drop down into my new shoes.' So I passed out on the chair/desk thing and bonked my head. Everyone was to busy to notice and I figured, 'hey ho, crisis passed.' Except this time the crisis was NOT done. The fuzziness and world evaporating continued. She caught sight of me and rushed to pay in time to walk over and ask 'are you ok?' "Uh...I think I may need to faint" before promptly doing a facedive to the floor. She caught me before I could go smack into the all-natural food store's rather questionable looking floor. 

I have fainted a lot of places and I must say the associates were useless. They looked, went back to their job, and only cared slightly when the soccer moms with their fifteen kids started having mini panic attacks. "I need water, lots of water" and I was laid out on the floor while my friend rushed to find me a bottle. She didn't have time to pay just ran it over to me. I downed two dollars worth in a record thirty seconds and then she went back to pay. Honestly, this is why I said 'go to the water fountain' but she is a hero and financially/literally supported my sinking self. 

The head honcho lady showed up to kindly take our bag to the car as my friend was holding up me, my person, and my cane. "My father has vertigo...la de da," is what I heard. I gave the run-down complete with 'I used to be in a wheelchair and I'm glad not to be.' My friend, of course, pointed out the wheelchair was nicer because our purchases could go on my lap. Yes, a human shopping cart. 

So here I am writing from her apple in a room colder than most people would care to imagine. I let the heat get to me out in the normal temperature and got the shakes. When they get really bad it looks like I am having a seizure and scares the daylights out of people. They aren't seizures. Actually, I am not entirely sure but I figure, medically they don't seem to be worthy of worrying therefore no need to alert the parents/doctors. After all, I already get treated like I am on the verge of death at home. I don't need the 'she might die/have a seizure' vibe going on as well. 

So in keeping with the new positive theme, 'hey ho! It was not a concussion so all is good.' 

By the way, paper crane total is somewhere in the forties. I am getting there shaky hands and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment