Friday, August 16, 2013

Slipped a Roofie by a Moron in a Green Chive Shirt

I am always incredibly careful with my alcoholic beverages. When I order I watch the bar tender make the drink, the drink goes directly into my hands and stays there. One Halloween night I actually took my martini, along with my friend, to the bathroom instead of leave it out. I keep my drink close because a roofie on top of all the rest of the stuff I take to keep me out of a wheelchair and booze would make me seriously ill or in worst case, kill me. And I would rather die in a cooler way than from a moron slipping something into my drink.

On Saturday I went out. After all, I am in my twenties and I do like to get away from the 'she may drop dead at any moment' home atmosphere and let loose on occasion. Alright, first there was two Mai Tais (delicious) and some hibachi. Then my friend mentioned 'hey let's go downtown to the bars there!' I felt fine, hadn't gone all the way into the city for a while and completely agreed. Alas the bar we wanted to go to wasn't very busy so we skipped over it for another one. I can tell you all the details from the bar, even the cute matching 'harley davidson outfit' couple who bought me a shot for my 'as I said 'unbirthday.' This bar, by the way, is famous for birthdays and it was not mine but I still had some free wine. So I felt a little buzzed but otherwise was like, 'meh onward!' The bar we wanted to visit, which I had also visited in Vegas, still looked a bit sad so we went to another one. This is where the story gets weird.

I said 'let's go to the outdoor patio' and promptly sat down while my friend ordered and chatted with a guy in a green shirt which said 'chive on.' Lo and behold he worked in the electron microscope lab at the medical college where half the students in my graduating class applied to or went. I found this fascinating and he showed me some amazing pictures from the electron microscopy. Bear with me. I am nerdy and enjoy this stuff. This is also the first time in my life I did not fully see, nor did my friend, the bar tender make my drink. Although she was a female and I completely doubt would bother to roofie me. My friend handed it to me. I took a sip and told him we should find a table. Then, for the first time, I put my drink on the bar in between the green shirt guy and myself and turned to my friend. When I turned around the guy told me to 'have a great night' and almost leapt off the chair. I thought, 'that's a bit odd but o well.'

This is where time gets strange. I remember saying good-bye and walking into the bar (finally) where I got pulled, cane and all, onto the bar and proceeded to jump into my friend's arms. Then...nothing...absolutely nothing. A black hole exists. Next moment I look up and we are at a bar near the college I graduated from talking to a friend of a friend. It was actually quite scary. I look up and tada! here we are. I decided to visit the bathroom, came back to find my makeup bag oddly on the chair, and then...nothing. Absolutely nothing. Suddenly we are pulling up to my home and I am in my bathroom. All I could think was...I need to throw up, as in I wasn't nauseous but I had this feeling something had to come up because otherwise I was going to be really ill. Then, I realized 'o my cyst bleeding inside me hurts..I think I shall take my prescription oxycodone' (I always always make sure to never mix alcohol & oxycodone so I really was not with it) and go to bed.

The next moment I was literally moaning in pain. The pain was in my head, my body, all over. And the worst was yet to come. I was violently ill. Never ever ever have I had an experience where I threw up, threw up, didn't feel better, couldn't keep down water, and threw up. My family was considering the ER because they were afraid I would get dehydrated. The thought of 'this may have saved my life' never occurred to me and nor did the fact that this was most likely a very very bad sign of something gone wrong. The next few days were like recovering from the worst flu imaginable.  When my body finally got sense back into it I started to piece together my Saturday night. I could recall perfectly all of it until that drink and never ever in my life have I been blackout drunk. Plus, it takes a lot of booze for me to get hangover drunk and I wasn't going to be hungover for church the next morning. Actually my friend said I didn't seem drunk and he has seen me have a lot more and be fine.

So I discussed this whole scenario with the boyfriend and younger sister both of who were upset and pointed out the obvious. My boyfriend's sister had the exact same experience and then after effects. I have to admit this was nothing like any hangover I have ever had. Not even when I drank half a pitcher of margaritas after yet another failed fishing trip with my friend. Plus, I know my limits and I haven't gone over them in years. The only explanation I got told was I had been roofied and that explains the blackouts (never had those before), the insides trying to become my outsides, and the fact that I went from tipsy to gone in twenty minutes time.

Why the man did this..I have no idea but I do know I will duct tape my drink to me in the future. Possibly I will get one of those handy dandy hip flasks and have them pour my beverage there like Mad-Eye Moody in Harry Potter. Most of all, I am happy my body threw up it's very odd yellow-colored stuff because a combination of every thing plus booze plus oxycodone (which I would never ever take with alcohol had I been myself) plus whatever drug they added saved my life. I truly believe so because at 93 pounds there really is not much room for combinations like those to not cause significant damage.

So Green Chive guy if you intended to kill the girl with the cane I'm sorry but you are now on Google+ as I am still very much alive. And if you had other plans then you underestimated the power of friendship because no way would my friends do that. Most of all, you owe me a fifty dollar hibachi dinner to make up for the one I violently saw again.

No comments:

Post a Comment