Sunday, March 23, 2014

7 Things This Chronically ill Week Has Taught Me

1. Being gluten-free creates a common food bond which brings people together in the strangest of places.

2. I like broccoli. I never loved it. After eating it for five days straight...it may be a while before I go near it again.
Niichan smiles over chicken feet in Hong Kong

3. Even after years and years my mother still thinks the words 'but you're brother loves to eat it!' will encourage me to like childhood horrors like cauliflower. Really. My brother eats chicken feet, mystery innards, and anything that doesn't eat him first. 

4. Love sticky white rice. If only they made brown rice sticky then I might enjoy it more.

5. There is such a thing as to many origami flowers. My family is far to excited for me to switch to making origami cards. No need to worry. Whenever my hands are shaking like crazy I will be back to making more roses!

6. Love is never easy. Especially not when you're brain seems to be re-attaching its neurons after the latest concussion. 

7. There are times when I want to paint but am almost afraid to start. I thought I was long over those feelings but when deciding on a new style, I get a bit nervous all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment