Monday, February 17, 2014

A 10-Second Poem on Why I've Been Away

I haven't been updating my blog
because, you see, I've been in a bit of a fog.
This body of mine
Has not been working just fine.
Thank goodness people no longer think I'm 'slipping away.'
Hearing words like that is just not okay.
I think I have just been a bit lazy
All these medical problems drive my body a bit crazy.
They've inspired me to keep work on my book.
And yesterday I gave you a bit of a look.
The title, Life in the Slow Lane,
may sound mundane.
But if you know me
then you will see
just what I mean
perhaps that remains to be seen.
I promise you will not find
any 10-second poems which spring to mind.
Although I do enjoy these.
They aim to please.
For my brother these poems I write
because they make him smile in delight.
Right now I need a nap
so I won't bother you with any more of this sap.
So may...
you have a very happy February Day!
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment