Sunday, October 13, 2013

7 Things This Chronically ill Week Has Taught Me

1. When people complain about food being expired I assure them I eat expired food* all the time and have yet to die. I realized today this argument, coming from a chronically ill person, is not very reassuring.  

I love this view from my kitchen window. It cheers me up every time I see it.
*Typically this means expired box stuff but I also will use expired eggs so long as they pass the 'float test. Hey now! GF food is expensive. So unless people would like to fund my diet I will keep eating the food I rediscover months later expired in my cupboard.

2. No one else sees the wonderful beauty of experiencing a harvest fest. I wish they did. As it is, I am not medically allowed to drive and have missed every single one this month. Dang it! I just want to drink hot apple cider, preferably with an alcoholic beverage, and do my own pumpkin picking. Is life really to difficult to do that?

3. There is no universal pain relief medication. You just have to try this and that and hope it all works out in the end.

4. Americans on House Hunters International have some of the weirdest hang-ups. So what if the washer/dryer is in the bathroom? Or in the kitchen? Sheesh. Just be glad you have the option of having one. Personally I like the idea of having it in the bathroom. My Oma & Opa in Germany have theirs in the bathroom. It works out quite well.

5. LOL has always been my pet peeve in texts. Now I find it to be on comments on GooglePlus. LOL means laugh out loud. Are you actually Laughing out Loud at something? No? Then stop saying LOL. Laughter is a beautiful and wonderful thing. Don't take it so lightly!

6. Even in a pony tail my hair is still to ridiculously long. I need to get a haircut so I can donate it to Locks of Love and have my hair do some good.

7. Raito's Kira laugh sounds positively odd in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment