Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Heartburn. It's Cooler in the Commercials.

According to all my knowledge of commercials and heartburn there is a serious cause-effect relationship. Typically it goes like so: person indulges in this or that, wicked heartburn appears, either personal moment of heartburn relief realization ensues or minor admonishment from fellow actors on the right heartburn medications to take. The end result: happy faces all around.

It's not medically accurate but definitely how my heartburn is feeling
I know it is blatantly obvious commercials do not equate reality but I used to think when it came to the heartburn  scenario they really did. Then again I also never ever thought I would be having horrible heartburn at the age of 24. More confusing than that is the fact I have no idea what caused this ragingly miserable heartburn. If this were a commercial I would be able to say, 'dang, I shouldn't have eaten _____ now I have terrible heartburn again.' Instead I am going, 'wtf did I eat so I will know to never ever eat it again!'

I like to think I would be in the 'personal moment of realization' commercial category but honestly, I am nearly positive I would get stuck with having people point out the many reasons why I was using sub-standard heartburn relief. Which, for the record, I am using the non-generic, highly-recommended, non-prescription option which is failing quite as well as its cheaper counterparts.

Well, talking about the raging heartburn will not make it go away. Nor will it make my scrawny body healthy again. So instead I must 'pull' out the Surname Positive Thinking Policy. Hey ho! Not being able to sleep because of horrible heart burn is the perfect reason for making some delicious sugar-free diabetic recommended dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment