Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Painting with a Chronically ill Passion

Yesterday I got an email asking all Giant Squids to create a Unique Amazon Product Lens. I knew I had one product I had to share, the watercolor paints which brought a passion to my first horrible weeks of my chronic illness. When I first got sick I could not do much more than lay in bed and hope to wake up from this nightmare. I could not write nor read. My brain had trouble with words all close together. Computer screens wreaked havoc on my eyes. I felt to mentally numb to even think about creating a piece of jewelry. So I turned to the one class I still had the capability to finish, watercolor.
My Latest Watercolor. Still in progress...

Painting with watercolor started as an immense struggle. I wanted to paint what my family considered art. I tried. The results were unsuccessful and miserable. Then I stopped thinking about what I should paint. I looked at the beautiful colors. Colors like Alizarin Crimson and Green veridian. For the first time I focused on them. Finding the beauty in different mixtures and shades. Getting to know how to layer on the paint and let it flow from my brush. I stopped forcing myself to paint what I saw. Instead I began to paint what I wanted to see. Bold expressive eyes, hair in fanciful colors, and characters who held an unnatural beauty. Color became my muse. Watercolor grew into a passion. The results were a personal escape from the painful realities of every sick moment. Through watercolor I could live in a completely new way.

I would love to share my lens (aka article) on the Grumbacher Academy Watercolor Paints which have made such a difference in my creativity. Click on the link here: The Watercolor Paints Which Brought Out My Passion and read about it. You can also see several of my watercolor paintings.


O. And if you enjoy my blog writing here then look at some of my other works on the site. I have written about everything from 'Living a Happy Chronically ill Life' to 'the Funniest Skymall Gifts' to rough draft excerpts from my in-progress book. Merely click on my picture on the site and you will find all of my work ready for your perusal.

No comments:

Post a Comment