Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pain free at the moment and loving it!

For those who read my blog on a regular basis you may have noticed there has not been the usual daily updates. I would love to give a fabulous reason like 'on an internet free vacation in Antigua,' 'out at a cosplay convention,' or 'to busy at my new job.' Sorry. The real reason is nothing exciting. I was in horrible pain. The type of pain which took a lot of pain-killers, icy-hot, and tears to get through. 

The title says I am pain-free at the moment which is true but primarily because I have been taking my after-concussion stuff. I have found it is the only medication capable of helping me function. Although it does intensify the tendencies of 'coma girlfriend.' Meaning I have not seen the long-time boyfriend in almost a week. Which reminds me, I need to give him the daily 'I'm still alive' text. 

I should be complaining, hating life, and being angry for such a pain filled week. Being angry and hating requires far to much energy for this chronically ill gal. Instead I have been dealing with the mental aspects of this crap by my new-found Surname positive thinking. Hey ho! Having half of me hurt makes me appreciate the other half of me all the more! Especially the parts which have little to no feeling. Can't feel my foot? Perfect! No need to worry about feeling pain there! 


Ah. I could never be a pessimist. The power of Surname positive thinking is simply to much fun. Plus, thinking about Peter & Judith Surname is funny all on its own. They have made positive thinking an exercise in creativity. One which more people should try. You would be amazed at how uplifting life can be if you just laugh a little more and worry a little less.

Positive Thought of the Day: Hey ho! Just thinking about the humor in life makes each day a little less painful to get through!

No comments:

Post a Comment