Sunday, December 22, 2013

7 Things This Chronically ill Week Has Taught Me

1. When a person sees you struggling to walk and sweeps you off your feet without a second thought, never asking for a thank you, and loving you no matter how difficult life is....well. It's an indescribable feeling knowing your physical handicaps will never stop them from loving you!


Love this Art Deco 1930s Vintage Engagement Ring on Etsy.com
2. I love the Art Deco style. Actually, I've found a great fondness for engagement rings from the 1920s to 1930s. 

3. Movies like The Notebook, Titanic, and whatever else makes most girls cry have no effect on me. Shockingly it is the song, Ichiban no Takaramono, combined with Hinata's proposal which gets me misty-eyed. 

4. I now know how a dog feels when left in the car. When I wanted to go in to get dinner with my boyfriend he told me to stay in the car, offered to crack a window, and promised to be 'right back.' I was understandably a little ticked off but agreed it might not be okay to traumatize the lady working there again by keeling over.

5. I never thought I would be so happy to have a walker. Well. I am now. It makes me feel like a helluva speed demon!

6. No one ever knows what I want...mostly because I have no idea what I want. Dang it. Who gets stressed over what they should want for Christmas?

7. Today I will be leaving my non-straightened hair down. No hair-ties or fancy-dos or braids. Just how it naturally is.

No comments:

Post a Comment