Sunday, December 1, 2013

Expedia Inspired Chronically ill Trip to St. Lucia!

 Inspired by +Expedia 's 'where would you go if you could go anywhere right now?' This week's travel destination is the perfect escape from the snows of winter. Inspired by one of my favorite nurses (who loved visiting), the choice is the beautiful paradise known as St. Lucia.

You might spot me on a beautiful beach like the one seen here
Where you would find me: Drinking a fruity drink under the shade of a beach umbrella with the sand at my feet, the sea breeze in my hair, and ocean beauty as far as I can see. If you can't find me on the beach then I am out sailing or deep sea fishing. I love the feeling of sailing. It's almost like the ocean carries away all the typical burdens and leaves you with a smile on your face and a lightened heart. As for fishing, I simply love it.

The mysterious Qualibu Caldera
My Must-See: St. Lucia's sulphur springs. Supposed folklore denotes the sulphur springs as being the place where one's soul meets death. The ominous idea is fascinating. I have been to sulphur springs but have never had quite the experience of looking into Qualibu Caldera. Peering into those murky depths will be a sight to remember. Who knows? Perhaps this is where one's soul meets death. There are many strange things in this world and natural phenomenons like the Sulphur Springs belong to the world of the unusual.


St. Lucia Rum. Enjoyed best with a beautiful island view.
What I Plan to Eat: I am of age to legally drink and hold a preference for rum. Which is why I will be joining the 'Rhythm of Rum' tours. I consider it under the category 'of what I plan to eat' as I would love to accompany it with freshly caught seafood from the coasts of St. Lucia. Preferably at a place off the beaten path and more local than touristy. Then again, it must be gluten-free which is not always possible in less-known eateries.

Zipline? Yes Please!
Where else do my travel plans lead?
*To have a swim in the Latille waterfalls
*Zipline over St. Lucia's treetops for a thrill and an amazing view
*Go on a turtle watch
*Someday..someday...do the Edmund Forest Reserve Hike

No comments:

Post a Comment