Thursday, December 12, 2013

Be Wary of Danger in the Pantry

Today was rather pathetic/funny/embarrassing. I was even feeling a little better than normal and cautiously optimistic over recovering completely from the flu. My  parents were out at some fancy holiday shindig .  Which left me with the dog and chance to get things for myself. What I needed were some tortilla chips as my  own were almost gone. I crawled up the stairs to their walk-in pantry. There they were! On the blasted top shelf requiring tip toes and delicate precision. I a almost had the bag done when I felt something fall. Since becoming chronically ill my reflexes have gotten slower and slower. I managed to tilt my head a bit before getting socked by something heavy. Really. Who puts   lb jars of honey on the edge of a top shelf??!! my head hurt horribly but I felt vindicated at seeing it smashed in from a hard floor landing. Soon after the pain eased up but I started up with the vision difficulties, odd forgetfulness, and felt all-around like a mini version of the last time my brain made hard contact with abn object. I am typing this on my reader because the lap and TV screens make me nauseous. I keep going a bit cross eyed at this screen trying to keep it in focus. As I told my returning family this has to be one of the more funny yet embarrassing moments of my chronic illness. I got my night ruined by a massive violent bottle of honey. How unlucky can one be? Best to chronically ill proof the house before I end up dropping a mixing bowl or bottle of rum on my head. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment