Tuesday, December 10, 2013

What do I want for Christmas? Do Wishes Count?

I know what I want for Christmas. Everyone who knows me does. 'A new body' I say. What I mean is to be healthy like the Christmases past. To be able to drive, live on my own without anyone having to worry about my health, no more doctor visits, and...o...basically be healthier then ever.

Last time I checked Amazon does not sell wishes or new health packages. Although I am told you can purchase the 'secret to life' on Ebay. Everyone prays for my health but God does not work like a Santa Clause. Not complaining and having a positive outlook will not ensure I wake up healthy on Christmas Day.* Although there is a part of me who secretly hopes it will.

*If it were a gift then I would be healthy Christmas Eve. We have always opened presents on Christmas Eve, never Christmas Day. I think it may be the result of being told a-certain-someone did not exist.


Most of the time I am a realist. I know asking for my wish is impractical. So, in an effort to keep up the Christmas spirit, I do my best to not actually ask for it. I prefer asking what others want for Christmas instead. Gift giving is for me so much better than receiving. I love finding just the right gift and seeing the expression when I know I got it right. 

As for myself, I have no idea what 'realistic' gift I want. I am not someone who wants a lot of 'stuff.' Latest high-tech gadgets? Meh. Experience has taught me I am terrible when it comes to such gifts. I ask on a whim, receive, and enjoy for a week or two (minus my NOOK color. I use that one every day) before becoming bored. Jewelry? I am immensely picky about what I wear and picking it out myself does not make for much of a Christmas surprise. Agh. Just thinking about it gives me a migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment