Monday, December 9, 2013

8 Things Learned This Chronically ill Week (1 more for being update lazy!)

1. Advent teas are quite interesting when you are dining solo on a combination of kettle-chips, hazelnuts, and strawberries.

2. Aforementioned tea has confirmed I have now developed amazing self-control in the area of living the gluten-free life while amidst the dangers of the holiday season. Aka bring on the Christmas cookies and enjoy them in front of me because I am a dietary master.

3.I still say life insurance is a great thing to get on me. My boyfriend finds it morbid. I see the positive. If I'm going to die after we get married then he might as well remember me by using the money on a vacation to the tropics.

4. Autopsy shows are the weirdest medley of disturbing, depressing, and utterly fascinating to me. Hence why tonight I am watching some DVR'd Dr. G.

5. The weather out here is not delightful or frightful. It's just ridiculously cold.

6. I try to keep my laughter to a minimum on certain days. Why? Bad days of costochondritis make laughing actually rather painful.

7. I'm going on a trip...I'M GOING ON A VACATION. I just realized it the other day...in a few more months I will be visiting the mysterious and beautiful land of China.

8. Everyone really enjoys our yearly Christmas letter my mother has been sending out since before I was born. "She always does such a nice job." Whenever people say so I have to laugh discretely. For the last 7(8?) years I have been writing the Christmas letter. I just write it as if it were her doing it. She has less work during the holidays and I know what family around the world will be reading about.

No comments:

Post a Comment