Saturday, December 14, 2013

Chronically ill Expedia Inspired Trip to New York City

All this snow has reminded me it is definitely going to be a beautiful white Christmas and if there is one city  I would love to visit at Christmas time, it would be New York City. So this week's chronically ill inspired answer to +Expedia 's question of 'where would you go' is off to see the lights of New York City.


I love the lights at Christmas time
Where you would find me: Outside. I love the holiday decorations, light displays, and festive mood during the Christmas season. When you are in the city it makes Christmas truly magical because you can practically feel the excitement of everyone around you. Sounds crazy but if you stop and take a moment to enjoy then I am sure you will notice it too.


Rockefeller Center Tree
My Must-See: A night visit to the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree. When I was little we did visit New York but only in mid-summer. I want to experience the iconic Christmas tree in all its holiday glory. Not to mention I fully intend on getting to skate at the Rockefeller Center. Bring my walker with or someone hold onto me for dear life because I refuse to leave without fulfilling this wish on my travel bucket list.

What I Will Eat: Normally I have a good idea of what I would love to eat because of what a country leans towards. Aka for St. Lucia it was definitely fresh sea food. In New York City I would go for what is gluten-free and sounds delicious. Who knows what exactly that means? I just know it would be an adventure all its own.

Where Else? New York City has so much to see I will just have to pick my top favorites to share. Trust me. There are many many more than the ones listed here but time is of the essence as is my typing ability*:

*I used to see the Nutcracker every Christmas so of course I would definitely see the New York City Ballet's performance of The Nutcracker 
*Statue of Liberty
*As a garden lover, definitely the New York Botanical Gardens
*FAO Schwarz Store (of course)

***I do want to see the sight of Ground Zero and pay my respects to all the victims of 9/11. I am told to do so you must make tour appointments 2 (?) weeks or so in advance. In the Expedia notion of taking a trip on very short notice this would exclude the option but if I could do so then I would. 


*After my pantry 'accident' I am having a lot of trouble with screens, light, and focus so I am writing mainly without actually looking at the screen or look slightly off to the side. Doing so helps keep the vertigo from getting overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment