Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Back Pain, Heartburn...Next Comes the Red Jello!

Sometimes I have to laugh at the absurdity of my life. I think I am turning into a grouchy old man body. I woke up today grumbling about how my back freaking hurts, mentally complaining on the ridiculousness of heart burn at twenty-four, and realizing I may be one step away from ordering red Jello for lunch. The whole scenario just made me start laughing. Maybe I am turning a bit senile in my not-so-golden twenties.

Someone posted my old hero, the Monopoly man, & me which made me laugh again while writing this.
Every Christmas I watch 'Christmas Vacation.' There is one scene where the grandfather refuses to wait because 'he has to eat so he can take his back pills.' I realized today I may be turning into him. There are times when I too state I must eat so I can take my pills.* Now I wonder if this means I am one step away from requesting red jello (not green it looks creepy) for lunch like the old men do in movies.


*It's a good thing only my dog is here because I just laughed out loud again. Even he finds me a bit crazy at times. Possibly just boring though since I am actually not in my bed for once.*

If someone had said, "hey. In a few years you will be comparing yourself to an old man." I would have said they had been inhaling to much formalin from entrainment. Young, dedicated, in the best health of my life the whole idea was absurd. Only now would I be admitting they had a good inkling of this ridiculousness. Something which might have been smart to share before I fell off the health wagon.

Since switching to the Surname Positive Thought Philosophy (see post on Surname positive thinking) I am trying to approach such scenarios in a unique light. So Hey ho! I have the body pains of a person at an advanced age. It's just my body. You don't need to be healthy to have a sense of humor! Or to meet your hero, the Monopoly man, while dressed up in a blonde wig and geisha costume!

Now I really do need to eat something and take my pills. I definitely will not be eating them with red jello. Never. No matter how old I get the stuff is just weird. Plus I would need to ask my mother to buy it. Asking her is dangerous. She will go out and buy me ten packs of the stuff at once. I would be eating red jello until it expired or I did.

Positive thought of the day: Look for the silver lining and follow it to find the humor in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment