Thursday, September 12, 2013

Midnight Waffles on a Thursday (Just Because)

Tonight I am celebrating Thursday night with my favorite-any-time-of-the-day food, Gluten-Free Waffles. I picked Thursday as a day to celebrate because honestly, it deserves a bit of recognition. All my life I never considered Thursday except as the 'thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!' day.

Every other day seems to have it's own personality. Monday: the day so many people dread because it means going back to work. Tuesday: the last day of celebration before Ash Wednesday (for those of Christian religion) or the day which assures you Monday is now over. Wednesday: the day which sends positive thoughts through us-almost to Friday!

Friday needs no explanation. Alright, I'm sure some people may need one but I'm not the right person to ask. Saturdays, ah, the day where we are going to get everything done but really would prefer to just rest and get nothing done. Then comes Sunday, hmmm...it all depends upon who you are and where you come from for Sunday's meaning.

The point is, Thursday has its' one huge claim to fame as Thanksgiving Day then it gets forgotten. I feel sympathetic for the day. Being forgotten is hard. My brother still complains about the time my parent's forgot him at a gas station. In their defense he had decided to wake up after solidly napping and wander into the gas station completely missing everyone else. After about 15 minutes my parent's realized the bunch of blankets was not their son peacefully sleeping and immediately turned around to pick him up.

So today, if it is Thursday where you are, just celebrate the fact that it is Thursday. Not the day before Friday. Just Thursday. Simply a day to remember and appreciate being alive for. Also, appreciate you have not been left at a gas station in the boonies in the days before people carried cell phones. 'Haha' I actually am laughing! My brother, my role model, and hero always complains at the mention of the incident. Being the delightful little sister I have to laugh at his expression when he does.

Onii-chan, if you are reading this: I love you and am laughing with you. Well, no I'm actually laughing at you. I know you understand what I am saying nii-chan. Liebe, Imouto

Positive Thought of the Day: The angry moments of the past can become the funniest moments we will remember in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment