Thursday, November 28, 2013

10 Things This Chronically ill Girl is Thankful For This Thanksgiving

1. First and foremost is having God in my life. No matter how painful a day may be He is always at my side. Without God I would have given up all the hope I hold a long time ago. Thank you always.

Stepping off into the sunset this summer
2. Family. They have never given up on me. Even when taking care of me meant literally holding me up. I am especially thankful to my little sister who always took time to take me to my classes and checked up on me without a single complaint. Also, to my older brother. He has never treated me any different. His zest for my life and knowledge keeps me hungry to learn more about this world. Last but never least is my long-time boyfriend. He held me in the ICU, put up marvelously with my sailing enthusiasms, and loves me no matter how horrible I may look.

Whether it be margaritas or hospital stays, they are always there for me
3. Friends. Most of them live halfway across the country. Despite the distance they are always ready to be there when I need them. Even when it means getting texts about a bad day at 2 in the morning.

4. My hands. God has always blessed me with creative hands. I do not need to be able to run when I can reach hope through their work.

Cole in his favorite Winter 'Apparel'


5. My dog Cole. Yes. He drives me insane occasionally with his habits but I cannot imagine a day without his presence.

6. This world's never-ending beauty. When I see beautiful photos, like those of +Margaret Tompkins and +Wasim Muklashy , I am forever reminded of how lucky I am to be here. Sometimes just seeing pictures of fall's glorious colors is enough to raise my spirits on the worst of days.

Literally carrying me inside the pyramid entryway
7. Travel. I am so lucky to have grown up in a family which loves to travel. My parents have taken me more places then most experience in a life time. No matter my physical condition they were there to take me by wheelchair. When wheelchair was impossible my brother would carry me. Even if it meant having to carry me through sand so I could experience one of the oldest pyramids in Egypt.

8. Being able to write and loving to do it. My teachers always complimented me on my writing skills. I never gave any of it a second thought. Now I am so glad I know how to write and try to always give it my all. Perhaps it is not the best but I still love doing it.


My latest manga-inspired painting

9. Oddly enough, anime. I credit anime to my attempted skills in watercolor. Without the style of anime & manga I would never have recognized my passion for painting. I also have to be thankful for those who love anime as well. Thanks to it I have met a lot of amazing people, like +Grym Thor, who enjoys Gintama more than anyone I have ever met.

10. Google+. Thanks to google+ I have gotten to meet a whole new world of interesting people. From those passionate about biology to those who love traveling as much as me I have a lot to be thankful for. Of course my thanks also includes all of my readers. Your thoughts & well wishes go a long way to giving me hope for healthier days! (O gosh. I'm sorry about the rhyme there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment