Saturday, November 2, 2013

Chronically ill Travel to Prince Edward Island


So if Expedia said, 'hey! where would you like to go today?' I have a definite answer for this week: I would love love to visit Prince Edward Island. By visit I mean I have actual plans and thoughts on places to go. My mind can be a bit faulty so here goes my travel 'itinerary' of my 'trip' to Prince Edward Island!


Cavendish beach
Where you would find me: Watching the sunrise/sunset on Cavendish Beach. Part of the Prince Edward Island National Park, there are miles of sand dunes to wander through, sandstone cliffs, and barrier islands a plenty. People always forget beaches do not have to be in the Caribbean to be beautiful. The beaches of Prince Edward Island are of pristine sand which goes on for mile after gorgeous mile. Being National Park protected mean no resort complexes to block the views.


Green Gables
My Must-See: I grew up loving the Anne of Green Gables films so of course, I would go see Green Gables. The land is now a National Historic Site and the town of Avonlea is made to appear the same as in Anne's time. I am hoping the journey there will not be like the time we went to see the 'Heidi' house in Switzerland where it was a half-hour journey that turned into a 3 hour trek up the mountain.







A Spread of Prince Edward Island's Best
What I Would Be Eating: Being on the sea means it is almost necessary to take advantage of eating great sea food. Mussels and oysters will always freak me out but I shall give them my best try. I have always preferred crab to lobster but who knows? Perhaps Prince Edward Island lobster will change my mind forever. Most likely, I will be eating their local tenderloin and tasting all the local berries. Maybe even drinking a little red-currant wine like Marilla makes in Anne of Green Gables.

Chronically ill Hopeful Future Adventures in Prince Edward Island: 
*Deep Sea Fishing for Bluefin Tuna
*Go Sailing Again
*Visit a PEI lighthouse
*Prince Edward Island Culinary Adventures-meet the people who are responsible for collecting all the local cuisine, help them harvest, and then cook with them.





Positive Thought of the Day: Simply dreaming of a vacation is a mental vacation all on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment