Monday, November 11, 2013

Chronically ill Hope. It's Like Scented Antibacterial Soap!

Chronically ill hope. I have found the perfect simile for it: it's just like scented antibacterial soap! Before you think my shaky hands have traveled to my brain. I feel I should explain.* Instead of doing it the long paragraph way I am breaking out into something new for my writing. The explanation in a list format!

*This rhyming reminds me far to much of the Grinch. Perhaps it would be better to say...traveled to my brain. I feel I should elaborate. That sounded stupid too but I can't think of anything better at the moment so bear with me.




Chronically ill hope is like scented antibacterial soap! Bloody hell that also rhymes. It's going to drive me crazy so I will be substituting soap for a 'cleansing substance.' This means the same as soap but saves my sanity by not having to sound like a demented poem in every other sentence.



The soap- Cleansing substances come in all shapes and sizes. So does a chronically ill person's view of hope. For some of  us our hope is the liquid type. Those people do not need to work hard for it to fill our hands aka our hearts. For others hope is like a bar of soap. Sometimes it is fanciful and pretty but mostly just practical. No matter how it may look those people have to work hard to make it happen. 
Bar or liquid?
  Whether liquid or bar soap the end result is the same. Eventually it will run out. The liquid type is usually the first to disappear because it comes so easily you are left emptying the bottle all to soon. The bar type usually lasts longer. Working hard for hope may make it more difficult but it also takes longer to disappear. 
    Hence why I always purchase the bar for Step 1 of the Clinique Cleansing System. Personally my hope is more like the liquid cleansing substance but I often wish it came more along the lines of the bar type. 



Gummy Bear soap. Weird.
Scented!- I am very picky about the scent of cleansing substances. If you are going to risk smelling like a certain fragrance then it better be a damn good one! The same goes for hope. All of us choose to view it differently. Some like a delicate scent, like that of a fragrant flower, others prefer a more powerful scent, like an overpowering manly soap, and then there are those who prefer unscented. They keep their hope silent from the world around them.


Antibacterial- Antibacterial substances kill of 99.9% off the bacteria hanging out on our hands. This is like having a strong hope. When hope is strong it will take out all the negative thoughts and truths which could hurt our belief in the better future to come. To the world this seems like a great idea! Do not let anything get in the way of your hope! Unfortunately, over time killing off the bacteria* including truths comes back to haunt us. Those people who do this continually can end up living in denial over the reality of the situation. Hope needs painful truth. Just like yin needs a yang. Keep out the truth and soon you just end up losing the true beauty of what it means to hope.

Green and Slightly Dangerous!
 *Killing off 99.9% off all bacteria is a bad idea. We have neutral and good bacteria on us for a reason. Hence why extensive use of antibiotics often leads to problems. Taking out bacteria which could lead to dangerous scenarios, like staph infections is obviously a good idea. Removing good bacteria constantly will end up hurting the immune system in the long run. Believe what you will but this is my personal view and not really a significant part of this simile. Just pointless opinionated drivel. 

Generic or Brand Name?- Personally I think this does not play a role in hope as a cleansing substance. If it works, then it works. Paying a heavier price for your hope does not guarantee a stronger or better hope for the future.

Final Note: I had a lot of fun with this entry. Life, like hope, is a gift best shared with others. Sharing this thought with the world was definitely fun for me. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment