Sunday, November 17, 2013

Expedia Inspiration for A Chronically ill Trip to Hong Kong!

The latest  +Expedia commercials have people asking, 'if you could go anywhere in the world but had to leave right now, where would go?' Last week it was to finally see the island of Murano and revisit the beautiful Venice. This week is most definitely Hong Kong!

Last year my father had a conference there and I was all excited to go. Then they ever so kindly informed me it would not work for me to go along as well. I was crushed but decided to book a flight to visit a friend in Texas instead. Evidently the only person who saw it as a good idea was myself. I said 'I'm chronically ill and not going to have a babysitter. At least if I fall there she can drag my limp body off the floor. Enough with all the sickly nonsense. Here is my definite +Expedia  inspired trip to Hong Kong! 


The must-see city view from Victoria Bay at night out from the water!
Where you would find me: Outside! I definitely would be there during the absolute coldest time possible. Everyone else would be freezing but I could be outside, seeing everything I possibly could from my wheelchair. This includes all of the markets. I was so jealous to see my brother's pictures of the live fish market, song birds, and knowing the incredible bargains on shoes?! Well worth my body's complaints! 

No visit would be complete without a stop at the Jade market!
And hey! If I'm lucky enough to bring my 'little' sister she definitely will piggy-back me around. When I get faint I will say, Hey ho! Good thing we both own so many scarves! Just tie me on and keep on going! You don't have to be conscious all the time to fully enjoy your trip!





Cable Car! Not for those afraid of heights!
My Must-See: After seeing my older sister's photos I now KNOW my absolute must-see will be the Hong Kong Ngong Ping cable car view of the city from every direction. I have no fear of heights. In the Alps we would take cable cars and I loved having a view from all over. The last time was actually on the way up to Masada with an amazing view of the Dead Sea for miles upon miles. Thus why it is a must-see. The site of the city will be one I know I could never forget. No matter how much my memory has lately been affected. 


Now I see why it's the world's largest outdoor Buddha!
   Included in the cable car experience will also be what you experience on the other side. One of which is called 'walking with Buddha.' For me it would be 'Rolling with Buddha' as I would be wheelchair-bound. No matter what my legs manage to do I plan on following the path of Buddha from the beginning introductions to rolling through the Path of Enlightenment. Also, I do not know for sure if this route includes the largest outdoor Buddha in the world. I do know it is on Ngong Ping, Lantau Island on the peak of the Muyu Mountain. Hopefully I could visit there too.



Steamed Groupa. Looks Delicious.
What I shall Eat: Gluten-Free would be quite the adventure with no enterpreter by my side. I envy my brother's ability to eat anything which does not eat him first. I want to try snake for sure! And I want to pick out my live food and have it made for me right there. Nothing beats the freshest of fresh food!
     As for a restaurant of choice, I would love to be eating fresh seafood in Aberdeen Harbor at the magnificent and intricate floating restaurant anchored in the harbor there.


Where else?: There is so much to see in Hong Kong it is hard to just pick a few choices for my blog. I will go with a few of my absolute top picks. Here they are:

Disneyland. Hong Kong style!
1) Victoria Bay. I am told this is one of the most beautiful night views of any city in the world. To get the best light show possible you need to take a view from the ferry on the water.

2) I am a night owl. So the district of Lan Kwai Fong is on my list!

3) Is it wrong to want to indulge my childhood and see Hong Kong Disneyland? I hope not because I hear it is pretty dang amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment