Sunday, November 3, 2013

7 Things This Chronically ill Week Has Taught Me

1. Babies do not need all those fancy schmancy new toys. My niece prefers toys from thirty years ago over the modern ones she has at home. Or a piece of German bread. For some reason sucking on a crust is so much more exciting than the latest baby toy on the market.

2. Spoons are wonderful for these shaky hands. Without them I would be wearing my pot roast.

3. There should have been a support group for Excedrin users when it was recalled. We are still talking about those dark days of no Excedrin even months later.

4. Fall is at its most beautiful here in November. Sadly, winter snow will be here any day and the glorious colors won't be here for long.

5. Fatigue is beastly. I hate it.

6. Watching Anne of Green Gables has renewed my love for the beauty of Prince Edward Island. I fully intend on visiting its beaches some day.

7. My brother has a closet for an office. I told him if I had one I would put up a picture designed to look like a window with one of those moving pictures inside it. Then whenever I got bored I could still 'look' out the window and day dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment