Monday, November 25, 2013

7 Things Learned This Chronically ill Week

1. The 25th of November is the International Day for the elimination of violence against women. Learn more from Google's special link: http://www.unwomen.org/en/news/in-focus/end-violence-against-women and stand up for what is right. If you cannot do it for yourself then do it for those of us who have faced violence, in one form or another. It's an experience you never ever forget. No one should have to deal with the repercussions. So let's eliminate violence against women for good. With worldwide support anything is possible.

2. Quotes from others can inspire you but at the end of the day, they are simply another person's words. Your own actions are what actually matters.

I know it is 2013 but the thought is the same no matter the year.
3. One of my favorite of all musing tales: "Once a boy saw a dream. Twirling, twirling, flying, flying. So happy in his freedom. The boy believed himself to be a butterfly. But when he opened his eyes, he was no butterfly, only a mere human. Then he thought to himself: did I just dream I was a butterfly or is this a dream as well? Maybe I am but a dream that is dreamed by the butterfly." ~Haruka

4. Whenever a song gets stuck in my head I have a hard time not singing the words out loud. Evidently this gets ten times more annoying when I sing only lyrics in Japanese. Ah but Kalafina's 'Kagayaku Sora no Shijima Ni Wa' is just to enticing not to end up singing!


5. I love making origami. I also love making cards with ten-second poetry, touching (or humorous) medical sayings, and just find the humor in doing so. My family usually puts up well with my odd ideas but balked at using my latest origami love, angelfish, in a Christmas card. Evidently 'We Fish You a Merry Christmas' is not an acceptable way to share the holiday joy, even if you do happen to love the sport.

6. I am a positive person! No matter what the new medical personnel may assume. Look. I have a highly realistic view of new treatments. Not feeling the right side of my body is a debatable improvement over the shaking, not to mention the new improved tingling in all of my appendages does not inspire eh...instant confidence?!

7. I don't know where to visit this week without repeating a place I have gone. I miss the beauty of Athens, the shores of the Dead Sea, staying blocks from the Colosseum, and eating tapas in places only the locals visit in Granada.

No comments:

Post a Comment