Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hey Ho! People aren't Angry. Just Busy.

One of the crappiest parts of this chronic illness is the rollercoaster it can send you on. Most of the time I steer clear away from even getting close to it. Then I have days where I physically feel horrible which leads into feeling rather down and it only takes one event to trigger the emotional chronically ill ride. (You must have a chronic illness to ride this ride.)

Here is a very abbreviated synopsis: A friend of mine didn't get back to my texts and the plans we made weeks ago fell through. Normally not a big deal. Only throw together a mix of 'what the hell' moments with the shakes and you get an 'out of proportion' catastrophe. I felt like one of those girls in junior high. Complete with the 'omg, she like totally hates me!' Alright. Not that bad but stupid all the same.

I was on this rollercoaster ride of irrational thinking for a good several days before finally disembarking this evening. Why was I able to do it? I found out a lot has happened to my friend. Things which finally made my chronically ill brain stop the rollercoaster. She was not angry with me. Just facing a difficult time at work. If I had just inquired about it I would have understood the scenario.

Sometimes I think my chronic illness is really destroying all common sense. Back in the healthy days I would never acted in such a way. I am unsure if this is because I was to lazy or just emotionally oblivious. My little sister would probably say it was a combination of the two. I am beginning to suspect she rather likes the new 'emotionally aware' side of me, courtesy of dealing with a chronic illness. Agh, at least one person can be happy in all of this. As for myself, I am celebrating the end of this emotional rollercoaster with sodium. Lots and lots of sodium with deep-fried tendencies. Bring on the gluten-free high-salt foods!*

*Before you point out having a lot of sodium is bad for your health let me inform you of my dietary needs. I am supposed to have a high-sodium diet. At one point I took salt pills because I naturally eat such a low-sodium diet. My neurologist, who I will see again over my dead body, would be pleased to know I am following his high-sodium orders this evening.

Positive Thought of the Day!: Stop with the negative scenarios and simply ask for the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment