Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Take Life's Hint. It's Time to Become Ambidextrous

Today I had another spine-ilicious experience which did not solve the 'lack of sensation on the right side of the body (most importantly my right hand).' So I said to myself (abbreviated it for my mother) hey ho! It's time to move beyond this new hobby stuff and become ambidextrous!

Truthfully my plan extends beyond becoming ambidextrous. Once I realized I was already starting to take over right hand tasks with my left, I figured o what the heck...why not just learn to do everything the left-handed way? I'm already using my left hand for steadying my cane instead of the right and all my gestures are now left-sided. So you see, I am getting there without even having to work at it. Talk about lucky! I don't even have to think about learning how to do things left-handed. My body is already way ahead of me. 

As for the shaking...well it reappeared today for several hours and wrecked several nice sheets of my origami paper. It's always an odd experience combining the numbness with shaking. Although it does leave me with a legitimate (I  believe so) reason to make some diabetic frosting and eat it with the almonds I peeled at 1 am last night. If you are wondering about why I was peeling almonds at 1 a.m, it is a very important story. Which actually translates to: I was feeling a lot of pain, couldn't sleep, wanted some almonds but did NOT want plain almonds. Hence why I spent over an hour doing all the work before eating 2 almonds and going to bed. Rather anticlimatic but it has been a very long day. Better hope for tomorrow as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment