Sunday, November 10, 2013

7 Things This Chronically ill Week Has Taught Me

1. People like quotes by Cookie Monster. Evidently over 2500 people on Google+ that is. Who knew posting what I found to be great would be shared by so many people?
Wisdom from the Beloved C.M. Himself!

2. No matter how many times I state I am in a long-time relationship with someone I still get random people hitting on me. The long-time boyfriend finds it to be rather amusing. I find it to be rather tedious; especially when the comments are written using poor grammar and spelling. For the record: flattering comments are received better if they are spelled correctly.

3. I will never understand my mother's passion for John Wayne. Having just watched, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, has confirmed this.

4. Telling oneself you can mentally go without a nap is all well and good. Then reality hits and you end up in a two and a half hour sleep coma which effectively stifles most of the night's plans.

5. Does having a blog count as a job? I definitely do not think so. Jobs require (most anyway) being able to mentally and physically do things. Blogging is definitely not physical and my blogs are typically low on brain power.

6. No one will let me near them with scissors or allow me to pin fabric close to their hand vicinity. I do not blame them one bit. The shakiness makes me worry for the safety of my own fingers. 

7. I have over a 100 ringtones and something different for everyone in my phone. This would be great except I hate hearing my phone. Hence why it remains on silent almost 100% of the time. My only point in actually having all those ringtones is for all the alarms I set. Again with the 'I do a lot of random things which make no sense even to me' theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment